You might have wondered sometimes how to get a completely Free SSL, you may have found some internet tutorials but they were incomplete and they confused you even more. In this article we will explain to you how to get free SSL, in 2 different ways.
We will also explain some things about our hosting company and why to choose us.
Our Hosting Company iFreeNet
How to get Free SSL with: CloudFlare
- Sign Up for Cloudflare
- Transfer your domain to Cloudflare by changing nameservers (Your Site will not affected)
- If you are on iFreeNet, use the CloudFlare integration on cPanel
- Go to the Crypto Section of your Dashboard then go to SSL
- Select Flexible SSL if your hosting provider does not have an SSL already installed or Full if your provider has a certificate installed. For iFreeNet, select Full SSL.
- Congratulations! You now have installed free SSL! Keep in Mind that it might take a few hours for the certificate to install.
- Ease of installation and use
- Every hosting provider supported, no matter if your host does not allow uploading SSL
- Full trusted certificate by Comodo
- SSL shared with other domains, showing ssl123456.cloudflaressl.com in certificate instead of your main domain, not dedicated
- Inability of Windows XP users to see your website through HTTPS
- cPanel integration does not offer support for subdomains
How to get Free SSL with: Let’s Encrypt
Its purpose is Delivering SSL/TLS Everywhere, for a more secure web.
Kepp in mind that it is available only for iFreeNet or any other hosting rpoivder which allows you to install a certificate at your origin server.
To get it, you will need to follow these simple steps:
- Sign Up first for Cloudflare
- Transfer your domain to Cloudflare by changing nameservers (cPanel won’t work)
- Visit www.sslforfree.com
- a) Enter your domain and any subdomains you want to include
b) Select Manually Verify Domain (DNS)
c) It will give you some TXT records, go and copy them
- Go back to Cloudflare and sthen go to the DNS section of your Dashboard
- Select TXT from the dropdown list, for name enter:
- @ for your main domain
- www for your domain with www
- the name of your subdomain without your domain’s ending for subdomain
- Paste the Records(TXT) that you copied
- Go back to SSLForFree, it will give you a private key and certificate(s)
- Open cPanel select SSL/TLS or whatever the SSL Management is called
- Select your domain from the list
- Upload the Private Key first
- Upload Certificate next
- Congratulations! You have installed the certificate!
- You must disable CloudFlare’s Universal SSL for Let’s Encypt to work, to do so you must go to SSL section and press the “Disable Universal SSL” button in the bottom.
- For subdomains to work you must have added an A record of them pointing to your IP adress at first before using the certificate.
What is SSL Certificate?
Why Moving To HTTPS is Recommended?
You must know that Google gives a slight boost to the rank of sites which are HTTPS enabled. But surely Google will increase the effect of this “boost” and of course, even a slight boost in SERP is essential to overcome our competitors.
It is not only reccomended anymore, but neccesary, and that we will cover in another article.